West Cheshire Athletic Club – the small club with the big ambition
West Cheshire Athletic Club provides coaching and competition for all age groups in all events, from its main base at Ellesmere Port Sports Village (EPSV), as well as Cheshire County Sports Club, Upton, and the Northgate Arena.
The club was formed in April 1998 by the amalgamation of Chester and Ellesmere Port AC (CEPAC) and Whitby Heath AC, and competes in road running, cross-country, off-road and track and field events.
We also have dedicated group of qualified coaches, in all disciplines and graded technical officials – some of whom officiated at the London Olympic Games – so we can host any level of competition.
Over the years, many of our athletes have been crowned county, regional and national champions, and we’ve had a number of medallists and competitors at the English Schools’ Championships, the UK School Games and other prestigious events.
The club has won several awards, including:
- Sport England Clubmark in April 2004
- The National Junior Club of the Year and the North-west Regional Junior UK Athletics Club of the Year award in 2005
- The Cheshire and Warrington Sport Partnership Sports Club of the Year 2007
- England Athletics North-West Region Best Club 2016
- England Athletics North-West Region Best Coach 2016
- BBC North West Community Sport Club of the Year (sponsored by Sport England)
We’ve also been featured in Athletics Weekly’s Club Night section too.
All are welcome to try us out – see the Training page to find a group suitable for you.